Planning for a 10Km run.....maybe.

Thursday, July 31, 2014
Three and a half years ago I ran the 5K Around the Bay Race. My goal was simply complete a timed 5K race. I haven't done much real running since then. I did the 5K CIBC Run For A Cure last October with my brother and sister, but it wasn't a timed run.

Why is this important? Well, my sister has suggested we (my brother, sister and me) do the 30K Around the Bay relay in March. (10K each)

I am not physically close to running 10K. I feel out of shape right now and probably couldn't even run a 5K. How did I let myself get to the point where I can't run 5K anymore?

I'm doing the CIBC Run For A Cure again which will help get me into 5K shape again. I would like to be able to run 10K. So, I am going to start training and blog my running progress at least once a week.

I'm going to ask you for 2 things to help motivate me:

  1. I am on a hunt for a good 10K training schedule. If anyone has any suggestion of a training program comment below. I'll try it out and let you know how it is working for me.
  2. Someone very close to me had breast cancer and had a severe reaction to the chemotherapy. She is still suffering from neuropathy as a side effect of the drugs. The good news is she is currently cancer free. I’m participating in the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation CIBC Run for the Cure on Sunday, October 6, 2014. I have 66 days left to raise $300 for Breast Cancer research. If you would like to make a donation, of any size, please visit http://www.runforthecure.com/goto/madeline
I look forward to your comments and motivation.  :) 

0 comments:

Post a Comment